Moments of Wonder
05 December 2014, by We Are Family (289 views)
- First of course the Adoption Panel saying YES!
- The first time I lay eyes on my beautiful sons.
- The moment I realised I was totally and utterly in love - instantly.
- The first 'Daddy'.
- The first 'I love you Daddy''.
- A hot little body climbing into bed as I wake.
- Every time one of their tiny hands reaches out for mine.
- The spontaneous kiss brought about from a moment of sheer joy.
- That moment of sheer joy.
- The first painting of 'our family' for the fridge door.
- The first painting of our family with five smiling faces (the cat was happy too).
- When the ONLY seat is my lap, regardless of the six empty ones.
- When I caught them singing along to a pop song (a little less wondrous that it was Gangnam style).
- When they say something really smart.
- When they do that Meerkat thing of looking up straining their necks to make sure I'm still there.
- When they hurt themselves and desperately need you and only you.
- When they hurt themselves and they respond to the magical healing powers of a hug and kisses.
- The first time 'they' remind 'me' that it's time for the bedtime story.
- The first time they pick up a book by themselves and start to 'read' it.
- When they fall asleep in my arms.
- Those certain heartfelt smiles that say 'I'm doing it right' .
- Realising I have everything I ever wanted, but thought that I could never possibly have.
Your email will never be visible to anyone on this website. You will receive an email notification if someone replies to your comment. All comments must be moderated before being published.