So for those of us attempting to support our children who come with a range of trauma and problematic starts in life; we spend a considerable amount of time observing - thinking about and trying to work with their coping mechanisms...
As part of National Adoption Week we asked for contributions in the form of a list of questions and answers supplied by our children on the subject of us - their parents.Having received quite a few sets of these answers, some parents have chosen to omit certain questions in order to keep the responses within safe boundaries; and others have run with every single one of them and each and every contribution has been so gratefully received.If you'd like to contribute, please feel free to play around with the format and customise it to suit your own family and forward your answers to me.1. What is something I always say to you? I love you - correct
2. What colour are my eyes? Green - correct
3. What makes me happy? When I say I love you & when you see your friends - this one makes me sad as she always says I want to spend time with my friends not her!!!
4. What makes me sad? When I shout & when I miss Nana & Papa & when you don't see me - correct
5. What is my hair like? Bobbly- crazy - correct!
6. How do I make you laugh? Tickle me - correct
7. What do you think I was like as a child? Crazy - she was shocked when I said quiet and shy!
8. How old am I? 45 -correct
9. How tall am I? 4 meters or 10 meters long - ha ha!
10.What is my favourite thing to do? See me - correct
11. What do I do when you’re not around? Clean up & see my friends - clean up yes , I've seen friends twice since school stared but interesting!
12. What am I really good at? Looking after me - I wish!!
13. What is something I’m not good at? Juggling - I am actually not bad!!!
14. What do I do for a job? Help people to be good if they have been bad. Interesting I am a programme manager working regionally to develop addiction programmes for those in custody!
15. What is my favorite food? Thai soup - I do love it!!!
16. What do you enjoy doing with me? Playing cards
We Are Family is a charitable incorporated organisation, registered with the Charity Commission of England and Wales with charity number 1163318 and registered office at 27 Old Gloucester Street London WC1N 3AX United Kingdom. 'We Are Family' and coloured circle devisesare trademarks of the charity.